Topband: FT5XO Last Nite

W8AV@aol.com W8AV at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 06:47:46 EST 2005

Got a chance to finally listen for FT5XO last nite.  Started to hear him
about 0125Z (about 10 minutes after K8MFO called me  to tell me that he was
beginning to hear him).  He was strongest on my east beverage, solidly above the
noise level.  Right after I started hearing him well something electrical in my
neighborhood started up, generating an S-9 buzz on all the beverages which
totally wiped his signal out.  Fortunately I began to hear him on my quarterwave
vertical antenna at about 0135 and by 0139 he was again full copy when I worked
him.  Worked him on 80 an hour earlier with deep QSB on his signal.

73.........de Goose, W8AV