Topband: Top Ten Reasons for Self-Spotting on Top Band

Sid Shusterman k3sx at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 12 16:33:06 EST 2005

SNIP
DXing on 160 will still be a special thing.  If you just wanted to make it
as easy as possible, you would be up on 40 or 30 meters.

Tree has summed it up well. The Low Band Chat Reflector also affords those
of us who ply the bands( while we should be sleeping) at least the knowledge
that the rare one we seek on the other end is also trying to make a contact
with us.
An unspoken next thought, summing up the "who cares" responses, leads me to
the 10,000 watt club members. "Big sigs" don't grow overnight from S6 to 20
over 9.  Other than violating the privledges of a license, do we "care" if
Joe Ham is the only person to work that rare DX? Since most of us are
financially OK in our middle years why don't we all buy our way up the DXCC
ladder? Why not?  Because that isn't a level playing field.  Checking the
band, with the available tools, is progress in our quest.
Sid K3SX