Topband: cluster-QSOs Y or N ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Nov 12 17:10:11 EST 2005

On 11 Nov 2005 15:47 GMT, df2py at t-online.de wrote:

>the number of so-called cluster QSOs is increasing.

It depends entirely on how the operators involved handle the
information. I can hear almost none of the 160m cluster spots,
thanks to lots of receive noise. In fact, I read the cluster mostly
so that I'll avoid QRM'ing someone I can't hear.

If I'm throwing out some "hail mary" CQ's and praying, it would be
nice to know that at least someone hears me, even if I can't make a
Q out of it. That's happened to me on 80 when I tried for 5 minutes
to pull a call out of the noise. It made me feel better, but I
didn't even think of counting it as a Q.

Jim K9YC