Topband: Beverages under very dry conditions

Bob G3PJT g3pjt at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 13 15:07:17 EST 2005

Hi

For the TZ5A operation in CQWW CW we will be putting out beverages for
160/80. But based on our last few years experience in 5U/9G/XT  etc.
the earth is very poor , very dry sand, in semi desert and I am not sure
that they have worked very well and we have to contend with a very noisy
reception

Does anyone have any tips or advice with beverages under such
conditions? For example do we need a ground level wire to join the two
end earths etc?

Any ideas will be appreciated

73 bob G3PJT

--