Topband: RCS-4 - Beverages

Tree tree at kkn.net
Thu Nov 17 12:17:49 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 08:51:05AM -0600, Stan Stockton wrote:

>  Anyone know what might be happening?  I will try to do some investigation
>  this weekend, although it is an experience to get to where this thing is
>  located down the side of a bluff.

I recently found one position of my RCS-4 was not working correctly due to
a bad diode.  It might be worth bring the remote box into the shack and
checking the operation of the relays visually.  Also, it will be a good
opportunity clean the contacts.  Using the box only on RX will be a challenge
for the contacts without some power to occasionally "clean" the contacts.

Tree N6TR