Topband: Asian Jammer.

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 24 01:05:17 EST 2005

I note with interest the absence of the '"Asian Jammer" for the past week.There has been a resumption of activity in the Pacific region which is great.

I guess we could hope that we have heard the last of this particular intrusion which had a really devastating effect on band activity.I doubt it as this is the second dose in less than a year.

The effect is not only felt by those living close to the source, but overall it has the ability to reduce interest in Topband.We have similar problems on 80 and 40 meters.It really shows up our vulnerability.

I congratulate the JA ham's who have hung in there and kept operations going whenever possible as they are a major part of Topband and have been the worst effected.

Bob VK3ZL...