Topband: Nearby tower effects

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sun Oct 9 14:52:38 EDT 2005

Will be raising my 72' HD crankup next week after repairs to my 6M EME array.  I will then be attempting to shunt-feed that tower for 160M, and possibly 80M.

And, thanks to all that sent me information and photos on "how to do it".

One thought occurs:  I have another crankup tower, with a 432 EME array, about 40' away, and 6 feet downhill, from the tower I wish to shunt-feed.

It is always cranked down, so the total height, including the antennas, would be something less than 30'.

Is it likely that this tower is going to cause a problem?

73, Barrie, W7ALW