Topband: Source impedance on pattern of Flags?

Raoul Coetzee raoulc at spicape.co.za
Mon Oct 10 13:00:20 EDT 2005

I wonder:
1)If the termination resistance of a flag,pennant etc. effects the receiving
pattern of such an antenna,
then the source impedance should effect it as well in the same manner?
2)If my statement is true, at least two modeling programs do not reflect
this 'fact'.
3)So what would be the correct way of using a high impedance FET amplifier
at  the sourse of a flag,pennant etc.where I do not present the correct load
on the transformer with a resulting high SWR?

73
Raoul
ZS1REC

Please note my new email is: raoulc at spicape.co.za