Topband: topband settling dwn

df2py@t-online.de df2py at t-online.de
Sun Oct 16 02:43:00 EDT 2005

Hi reflectees !
here is another report of the band from central EU.
Todays propagation was of course not like yesterday.The focus from central EU was on the Pacific northwest.With N7UA and K7LR the best sigs. But farther north the Pacific was worked, PA0CLN QSOed KH6AT.
But the band got really good into the southwest after sunrise ! N7JW was coming thru on SSB and was solid QSO until about 25 minutes past local sunrise. I dont know if the suns UV emission is low these days and the development of D- and E-layer is delayed so much. I guess someplace must be a site on the net where that could be checked out. This seems to be another factor additionally to the particle flux and the X-ray intensity received from the sun.
good hunting everybody      de wolf  df2py