Topband: The day after..

LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad la5he at otterstad.dk
Sun Oct 16 11:43:18 EDT 2005

Been listening for a while, and at 0500 GMT the only NA station heard was
W8JI on SSB, down in the noise. Northern Eu, including southern
Scandinavia, are reporting Tom to have a super signal, over S9. Not so in
SM2. Quite a contrast to yesterday when KH6 was coming in at this time.

So, whatever happened over night, it took out conditions completely.
Now waiting for the next good opening..

I was not too impressed this morning either. I followed Wolf's rec
ommendation and went up early.
The band was full of EUs calling CQ DX and some US stns. Much to my surprise
Tom W8JI was on phone !!
?I did not even know that he had a microphone !!
K4ZW had a very good signal but did not hear me.  N7JW was just audible and
so was N7UA, while people further south were giving them good reports ! Even
the OZ,s some 500 km south were hearing much better than me.
 I suspect we had a bit of  Aurora  as a VE3 I worked on 80 had flutter on
the signals.
Better luck next time !  hi
73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.