Topband: TopBand Operating from a Motorhome

Martin Bluhm w8aks at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 20 16:10:17 EDT 2005

Hi
Returning to my first love, Topband operating. At this point in my life I
need MA for WAS. However, 6 years ago we moved into a 33ft motorhome and
have been on the road. HF is not a problem, done a few tests; but 160 is
where I came into ham radio and is my favorite. What I am asking is any
ideas on an halfway efficient antenna that I can run from the mh.
This is the current setup:
Hustler MO2 mount with an 102in whip attached. Fed by an SGC239 coupler.  2
- 1in briad straps to the frame of the mh . Also 2 70ft radials running
around the mh on the ground.  Rig is an 706mk2g with all the filters.
I was thinking of attaching some 20gauge insulated wire to the top of whip
and sloping it to the front of the mh where I can connect a pve mast to the
side mirror mount for strength.
Any ideas/comments? Appreciate everything and hope to see you in the test
in Dec.
73
Marty

Martin Bluhm