Topband: W8JI FT1000MP MKV Click Modification

Tod - MN tod at k0to.us
Sun Oct 23 12:46:03 EDT 2005

> Has anyone else noticed this? I am sure the modified radio is
> better than it was as evidenced by the smooth and slow
> falling edges and the mostly smooth and slow rising edges),
> but that leading edge click is still going to be annoying to
> whoever is on the butt end of it.

 Mike:

I am on the road at the moment Mike, but I would like to check out my
modified radio when I get back to Idaho next week. I hope some other folks
take the time to look at their radio as well. Like you I installed the "JI"
version of the modification. I know that I fussed a great deal trying to get
the right 'sound' as close to the carrier frequency as I could. That was
done with a continuous series of dots sent while I fiddled with the two pots
that were installed to adjust the time constant. I suspect that I looked at
the waveform produced by the dot series rather than exploring more
completely as you have done. It would not surprise me to learn that many
others did the same.

Perhaps you could help me get to the point of measurement faster by
outlining your test setup and procedure as a guide.

And, I rather like your scope display --- what is the brand and model that
you are using?

Tod, KØTO