Topband: Top Band Intruder

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Oct 24 20:29:52 EDT 2005

> The Hams must get together and determine what this
INTRUDER is. Is it a jammer, OTHR, or some kind of data
being sent. I like others have seen WAVE files show it like
white noise or what ever color while other WAVE recordings
show the signal with definite pulses.

The recording you forwarded to me Bill was definitely not
pulsed RADAR. It sounded exactly like what VK3ZL describes
to me which seems to be more like some sort of information
conveying signal rather than RADAR, but it could be some
sort of object monitoring system.

The recording sent by Robert Marshall-Read from YB was
definitely pulse like. That doesn't mean it is an OTH RADAR
system, only that it could be.

I think your idea of logging data and passing it on to you
as a collection point is a good one. There might be a couple
of things running, or perhaps it's just one source that
changes.

73 Tom