Topband: 160 EU Oct 25

NL7Z nl7z at mtaonline.net
Tue Oct 25 11:32:23 EDT 2005

What a night on 160!
It all started here with a unusual opening into EU that started 70 minutes before my ss. In the past we have "heard" eu before ss, but not that early, not this early in the season, and that fact that I could work them is even more rare.
YO2LDC did get in the log, also EA8ZS - very loud here. Many EU went into the log until far west sunrise. Of interest was CN2R - at times he was an honest 579 here, I did manage to get qrz NL7?.....but there were too many e. coast and eu calling him, maybe next time.
This season so far has been very good, maybe the best I have heard, 160 sounds like 40m!
I received an email from SM2MZC who I worked last night, to his (and my) surprise he was using only 100w and a G5RV in the trees...what can I say?
see you on the band....
73'
Kevin Forster - NL7Z
POB 877326