Topband: KH8SI 160m Antenna?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 5 06:50:36 EDT 2006

(AH7C sent this...  73 de W4ZV)

Hi guys,

I have just returned from Pago Pago this morning to find wonderful
emails from DXers. I want to write thank you email to each of them
but I am a bit tired and have pileups of things to do. So I decided
to write this letter.

Thank you for your nice words for my 160m operation. You guys make me
happy and encourage me. I write a little true story here.
Because Kan wanted us to make as many QSOs as possible, 160m was out
of our picture for the first time. I don't know why I took 160m DP
with me, but I had it in the box. In the morning of August 2 John,
K1ER asked me to put up the dipole. He seemed to promise his friends
to be on top band. I said NO first, but I always try to listen to
OM's word, so I made up my mind.

There are thousands of coconut trees there, but on our site there
were only two good ones. I decided to take down 75m dipole and put up
160m. I guess the height of the tree is about 50feet. Since I became
a good sling shooter, it was not very hard to hang the rope. It was
just hot hot hot.

To tell the truth I have been enjoying ham radio for about 40 years,
however I am not a real low bander. I think I was a little lucky and
DX GOD smiled at you guys.

73 and Aloha!

Will see you on the band.

Tets  AH7C