Topband: Short Vertical

Tom McAlee tom at klient.com
Tue Aug 8 15:31:13 EDT 2006

N2WN wrote:

4) I have 80 feet of 5" aluminum flanged mast (from some government antenna
in Virginia), nice stuff, but not sure how to get all of it vertical

I use a 60' bucket truck to build 70' verticals.  Working leisurely, it
takes about a half hour.  I found a local sign company that charges
$65/hour.

For $32.50 and something I can do on my lunch break, I found it to be the
winner in the time vs. cost vs. safey considerations.

It is also nice for repairs or changes/adjustments, as there is no need to
take the whole thing down.

73,
Tom, NI1N