Topband: S9SS Now QRT

charles Lewis s9ss160m at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 27 15:37:13 EST 2006

I closed out the S9SS log on Christmas Day evening after my weekly Monday sked on 20M SSB with friends back home.  Lesley and I finished packing the station for shipping to the USA on Tuesday.

The S9SS log closed with 81,260 QSO's.  Of those, 1,848 were on 160M.  I am very sorry that I was only a source of frustration to many of you because of my severe receiving problems, but I am happy that I could give many of you your first QSO on Top Band with S9.

Thanks to those who helped me with filters and with the components I needed to build a pennant antenna.  Many would not have made it into my log on 160M without the help of the pennant and the filters.

My S9SS logs are on LoTW.  It will take hundreds of hours, but I intend to enter my old paper logs for A22AA, S92SS, SV0LM, and A25/KY4P into LoTW.  It will take place very slowly over a long period, a page or two at a time.  The only logs of interest to Top Banders are those for S92SS and SV0LM.  I don't believe I worked any North Americans from Greece (I didn't try.), but I logged many Europeans.

I'll look for you on the bands as KY4P.  I hope to meet you face to face some day.

We will retire to the NC mountains in Ashe County near West Jefferson.

73, Charles Lewis- S9SS

ex A22AA, S92SS, SV0LM, A25/KY4P

http://groups.msn.com/s9ss

http://picasaweb.google.com/s9ss160m