Topband: Building a practical vertical from Al tubing

Chortek, Robert L robert.chortek at berliner.com
Thu Jan 5 13:45:22 EST 2006

Roger wrote:  "One aspect of this that always seems to be a problem is
how to attach the guys to the vertical. I'd be interested to hear how
others have accomplished this in a matter that is enduring."

I have a 60 foot vertical of tapered aluminum.  It is guyed at about 40
feet. The guys are 3/16" Dacron rope attached with a stainless steel
hose claim.  Although this vertical was put up last summer, it replaced
another vertical guyed in the same manner that had been up for about 4
years. When I took it down, the guys showed no fraying at the attachment
point during that 4 year period.

73,

Bob/AA6VB