Topband: RM 11305/11306

Dave Bowker dbowker at mail.sjv.net
Tue Jan 10 09:58:03 EST 2006

The only concern I have with RM-11306 is with the 160M portion of the proposed plan.  It does not
allocate a narrow bandwidth segment (200 Hz), but rather it allocates the entire band a 3.5 kHz BW.
This flies in the face of the IARU band plans in Regions 1, 2 & 3 as well as the ARRL's own 160M
band plan, all of which do allocate a narrow BW segment which is harmonious across all regions.

However, RM-11305 requires careful evaluation.  As I interpret it, this RM basically wants to do
away with bandwidth segments altogether and allow any mode anywhere, subject to "good judgment".

May I suggest that comments posted to TopBand regarding these RMs only address the 160M issues in
order to keep the QRN level reasonable.

73, Dave, K1FK
Fort Kent, ME