Topband: RM 11305/11306

herbs@surfvi.com herbs at surfvi.com
Tue Jan 10 18:07:23 EST 2006

Quoting Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis at verizon.net>:

   split operation for international QSO's
> on topband is the only sane way to operate.  For me, anything that
> forces the opposite is ignorant of reality......>

Split  operation for rare DX-peditions may be good but as a general rule it is
bad as it reduces available specturm for operation.  Working DX on frequency
is fine as long as we remember the raison d'etre for topband, to wit: Its the
Gentlemen's band!  For me in the Caribbean I have never made stations call me
on frequency.  It just IMHO not a good general practice.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ