Topband: Condx 1/11/06 -Castalia Chronicle (apologies to the Boring Report)

W2pm@aol.com W2pm at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 14:00:17 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/11/2006 1:32:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w8car at buckeye-express.com writes:

In a  break with discussion of RMs and whether split frequency is a PC idea
this  is a report on band condx last night. During 0413Z to 0719 Z  I worked
32 different stations in 16 different countries last night. Wish I could
bottle nights like this and call it 'Topband Brew'

Condx were  outstanding with many EU signals sounding like locals and in some
cases  louder than stateside. The band was extremely quiet and amazingly the
northern EU stations seemed to have the better signals. Went to bed before
the full EU sunrise so I'm sure I missed some activity but I had worked  all
I could hr and then some.

Now, where do I put my order in for  condx like these during CQWW 160??

I also noticed sharply increase signal levels from EU here but they were
still relatively low angle as my high angle antennas did not receive those
strong sigs too well. Also I noted strong levels from southern EU, in addition  to
northern EU and G as well. All around 0000Z - 0100Z. Typically here at this
modestly equipped 160 QTH levels like this don't happen until sunrise EU  ...