Topband: Split frequency working

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 11 16:35:38 EST 2006

I find that split frequency working unnecessary when working my evening Pacific DX.
However when I am working Europe in the mornings the pileups are so intense sometimes that split is the only way to sort out contacts.I guess we are lucky in VK as there are very few operators on 160 which makes us "rare" DX these days.
Conditions have been very variable this week.USA Eastern stations have been down but the JAs have been S9 plus at times although it appears very intermittent.
I was hoping for a more stable band now that we are along the bottom of the sunspot cycle but it appears that Old Sol has other ideas.The weather over here is also screwed up this summer.I have never experienced WX QRN like we are getting.Sharpens up the skills though.
73s all and good DXing.Bob VK3ZL..