Topband: CQWW160

ian g0fyd at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 14:22:22 EST 2006

Dear All

My experience from the North West Coast of the UK.
TCVR                    FT1000D
PWR                      200W
Antenna Rec/TX     INV L vertical section 52ft.
Garden Size            60x20ft.
Radials about a dozen with only 2 extended full size by sneaking them out
after dark.

After a very poor 2005/6 seaon with only JW taking me to 94 current DXCC
countries I needed to start TXing more so set out to work at least 50dxcc
during the contest.
I thought condx were only reasonable with conditions improving slightly Sat
thru Sunday.
Caribean was extremely poor here with only PJ2 hrd not wrked comfortably and
that was not for long.
PY7 was an amazing signal early Sunday morning but was txing below 1810 so I
could not call.
Best DX worked JT1CO UA9 ZC4 7X J49 and VO2
Results 2 new DXCC 7X + J49.
60 DXCC wrked
Getaway 4J5 4 qso's icomplete sorry for the qrm.
Really enjoy the contests which always give me a chance to snag the odd new
country.

Extra 10ft on the vertical section made a big difference so hope to increase
to 60ft soon.

Still to work a JA (This band drives me crazy at times)

Regards Ian G0FYD