Topband: topband beacons

John ljdoyle at suscom-maine.net
Mon Mar 13 09:00:44 EST 2006

With all the discussion about beacons maybe i've missed something, i can't see any REAL reason for beacons, it's like several here on this forum has said (why not a cq)it's a lot more effective, its usually done in the dx portion of the band with usually high power.with the beacon way up the band with a mere 100w how effective is that?to get down to it how did all the dxers who are on the who's who list get to where they are without beacons? I suggest we all forget about beacons and continue as we have in the past, 160m is a different ballgame than other bands and thats why i'm there, no beacons just hard core dxing like it should be...those who can't cut it go to a band where they can...Remember folks 160m is not for the faint hearted, its the most difficult challenge in ham radio i've ever undertaken...and i'm sure most would agree...John K1GUN...