Topband: Testing RX Antennas "Out of Season"

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Wed Mar 15 17:23:53 EST 2006

Looks like I won't be able to complete my RX antenna work until the
topband season ends.

As I'd like to take the opportunity to assemble and test the antennas
before the next season comes upon us, I'm looking for recommendations on
how to test these antennas and check out their performance (EWE's and
pennants) in order to decide which way to go.

Over the past two seasons, and for a variety of reasons I am now
beginning to understand, I've had little success with either, and am now
hoping I'll have the opportunity to test and make comparisons between
them in order to make a the best choice for next season.

73 & thanks in advance,

Eric, W3DQ
Washington, DC