Topband: Relay types-Tx and Rx

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 23 12:54:32 EST 2006

W2VJN wrote:

 >Note that in all cases the designs use the normally closed
contacts for grounding and the normally open contacts to pass the tx power
and the rx signals.  i.e. We don't use the normally closed contacts for
passing signals.  It may take extra relays to design like this, but there
are never any receive signal failures.

         George this is extremely good advice
regardless of relay type.  After having had
RX signal path problems using many different
relay types over many years, I completely
agree with your conclusion.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV