Topband: Thunderstorm

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 29 10:04:00 EST 2006

"I walked closer to it and could tell the guy wires were arcing across
the insulators ( I used 25KV electric fence insulators)."

In Virginia I once saw arcing across the power company egg insulators
breaking up guy wires to my backyard tower. Storm was in plain view to
the south, but not yet visually "over" me.

Don't know whether because it was scary or static, but it made the
hair stand up on my neck, and I hightailed it for the house. Within
the minute lightning splintered a tree on the next street over. The
spark show on the guys lasted for three, maybe four minutes, with
quick little breaks, including when the lightning hit on the next
street. Lot of thunder.

Lightning, when it wants to go somewhere, doesn't care about a few
inches.

Guy.

Scanned for viruses by Blue Coat
http://www.WinProxy.com/