Topband: re Need Ideas on 160M Antenna

Earl W Cunningham k6se at juno.com
Tue Nov 7 21:34:35 EST 2006

Dave, WX7G wrote:

"To accurately model this situation we need more data on the tower.  The
height, the width, and what antenna is on top. I can then run models of
various antennas for you. Shunt feeding or cage feeding the tower is
always and option and those can be modeled too."
Keep in mind that modeling shunt-fed towers when there is any top loading
will not be accurate if an equivalent diameter conductor is used in the
model to represent the tower.

The only way to acheive accuracy in shunt-fed tower models is to follow
my modeling guidelines which have been presented on this e-mail reflector
numerous times in the past.

73, de Earl, K6SE