Topband: BOG antenna ?

Gary Marks gmarks at neo.rr.com
Wed Nov 8 19:54:38 EST 2006

I'd like to here from the group as to what you think of a 500 ft. long BOG antenna laid on the ground in a somewhat "zig-zag" configuration.  I don't have the real estate to run 500 ft. of wire in a straight line. I would like for the antenna to receive signals from "all directions" so the end would just lay on the ground and not be terminated. I would use a pre-amp as I understand the signals from this type of antenna are not as strong as from an elevated Beverage.

What do you think the success would be for this type antenna with a few turns in the wire over 500 ft. ?

Gary