Topband: Spacing for an Inv-L?

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Tue Nov 14 18:15:13 EST 2006

The tree climber guy will be coming around soon.  The plan is to have him put in lag screws with pulleys attached on the trunk of the trees (70-90 feet, although I'm not sure that's how he'll be able to go) that hold up either ends of my wire antennas, presently a single OCF (Fritzel) dipole and  a 160m inverted-L.

My question: since they'll all be in the same vertical plane, how far apart vertically should I have him place the pulleys, assuming I want to add an 80m element to the inv-L.

How about horizontally, if he can use a throw line from his perch up the tree with a friction saver over the branch?

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC