Topband: Radials on a fence

Peter Dougherty w2irt at comcast.net
Tue Nov 21 12:17:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

On two sides of my yard is a wooden fence about 6' high, 75' one way
from the feed point of the antenna to a corner, and then another
80-90' at right angles to that across the back of the property. While
I'm going to be laying down wire all through that area in the back,
and at the base of the fence, I was wondering if adding a couple of
radial wires *on* the  fence, 2, 4 and 6 feet from above the ground,
would make a difference, help, hurt or not do anything worth the
expense of the extra copper.

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT