Topband: RG6 Coax

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 00:30:53 EDT 2006

RG6 is good stuff for receive systems and personally, I use RG6 Quad, for all my low
  band rx systems, beverages and K9AY loop.  Inside the shack, I just use a friction fit
  with a PL259. Since RG6 Quad is bigger, the fit is quite good.

  However, outside I use only the weather-proof Quad "F" connectors from Radio Shack.
  They are a little difficult to get on but so far they have withstood the weather. I also
  use the better quality "gold" barrel connectors when I have to splice the cables.

  It is very important to keep the moisture out as water migration will cause the aluminum wires to corrode and form a white powder under the cable cover.

  73, Dennis W0JX/8