Topband: RG-6 Coaxial Cable...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Sep 14 13:32:02 EDT 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:39:12 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:

>By the way on 160, 80, and 40 meters RG6 will easily handle
>1500 watts in free air. I use it for dipole feedlines on
>occasion to save weight.

Many thanks for this detailed post. I have exactly that application
here. Does this comment apply to a cable like Commscope 5781 (#18
copper center. foam PE, w/quad shield -- AL foil, 60% AL braid, AL
foil, 40% AL foil)?  A few years ago, I bought a 1,000 ft spool of
this to rewire my TV and FM receiving antenna distro. Would you feel
comfortable with an all AL shield like this handling 1,500W on 160-
40? How about higher HF bands?

73,

Jim K9YC