Topband: Broadcast Radio??

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Sep 25 17:53:40 EDT 2006

For what it is worth, the dominant 1820 signal heard within
a a few thousand miles of the Caribbean is from Radio 91 in
the Dominican Republic.
This is an ACTUAL harmonic from a homebrew 910 kHz
transmitter that was installed late in 2003.

There are actually a dozen or more harmonics or IM products
that are the transmitter's fault on 160 meters.

I'm not saying problems like this can't be in a receiving
system. I'm just pointing out many transmitting systems have
flaws and radiate on 160 meters. The  Spanish Radio 91 on
1820 is a good case of a defective transmitter.

73 Tom