Topband: Earl

Dr. C. k6sss at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 12:42:45 EDT 2007

I join with all you in mourning Earl's passing.

He was a great gentlemen and friend. I will always
remember his spirit of adveture and delight in Top
Band (e.g. erecting a balloon vertical in the middle
of the Mojave desert in 20 degree January weather or
arranging an instant dinner get-together for Mark,
ON4WW, when he came through on the way to Clipperton.)

Earl was exceeding generous with his priceless advice
and knowledge. I suspect that there aren't too many of
us who haven't improved our station thanks to him.
(When I found myself on a 1/10 acre lot, he even
designed a 1/4-size pennant for me and gave me hope).

Last Friday evening at the Top Band dinner in Visalia
(which he organized over the years), we all signed a
card to send to him him. The card will be a little
delayed, but our memories and gratitude will continue.

RIP, OM. We're going to miss you.
vy73, Fred, K6SSS