Topband: Earl K6SE

Peter Koehler KJ7WY at arrl.net
Mon Apr 30 20:53:50 EDT 2007

Fellow Topbanders:

Yes, it was great sadness when I heard of the passing of Earl on Sunday.
He really put the Gentleman in the Gentleman's Band. I can't stop think
of all the Elmering he did to a budding 160m Dxer (me and others). It
was always a delight to work him in the
Topband contests and the rivalry we developed in the CW IDX 160 only
contest. Hurray, for the left coasters!

I don't know if  it would be appropriate to have a 1 minute key down on
1830 at 0500z  May 5 Saturday (Friday for us) in
honor of Earl.

It was always fun try to work Europe with you OM. Thanks & 73.

Pete KJ7WY