Topband: First JA of the season

w8uvz w8uvz at voyager.net
Sat Aug 18 11:36:30 EDT 2007

To echo  the AA1K experience today, working Kaz (JA8ISU) was indeed a
pleasure.  It was also the earliest seasonal contact I have ever had with
JA.

Usually from the upper Midwest US, propagation to JA has been mid October at
best.

As usual, QRN was the limitation today but both Kaz and Man, JL8GFB had S7
signals at my SR and were heard at that level for nearly ten min thereafter.

And I heard Dave, W0FLS in IA,  saying they peaked S9 at his QTH.

Certainly a good sign of a season to come.   JT1CO, I hope you are ready
Chak, hi.

73  George  W8UVZ