Topband: Correction_K9AY max size

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 08:35:24 EST 2007

Gary's K9AY design usually is usually published with a total wire length of 85 feet as a compromise size. For a 160 only antenna, his "2/3" size coments should translate to a wire length off 126.87 feet or 42.28 feet per side maximum.

  My own K9AY is 90 feet in length and works very well on 160, 80 and 40. I feed it with 75 ohm CATV cable using a binocular BN 73-202 core with a two turn primary and 5 turn secondary.

  W0JX