Topband: Re Topband in JA

Miyamori Kazu fx6k-mymr at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Feb 22 22:32:23 EST 2007

I report some facts about JA topband for your refference.
AAA)Since Autumn, Chinese radar signal(DRAGON) has occupied our sky(40-160m)
except occasional stop like Year end ,New Years time ,,,even against our
strong protest through Authority.WE JA topband enthusiasts had to watch and
wait with big flustration ,patient and ungry.For our luck they stopped it on
or around 8/Feb,We get back clear blue sky with us ,Immediately after it
Topbanders rushed into our narrow DX window(1810-1825only) and caused big
pile like last night.
And in addition,some ham came down to lowbands from HF or 6m due to solar
activity which pushed up relative number of  topbanders.(common in the
world).BTH Now Increasing % of Japanese number of population has been
decreassing,please feel safe!!
BBB)Regarding our size of properties(land)within populated city area,Yes it
is not big enough for fullsized160m antenna like DP etc,however,in average
,they install tower/support structure with HF ant on top in their
backyard,it could be used for tower drive or shunt type ant subject to they
have to clear local community rule ,relations with neighbors and typhoon in
the summertime.IN the same time Relative large number of JA Topbanders are
staying in country side,farming area,wooded  hilly side,seaside etc,they can
enjoy topbands without big restriction as well.Or some of HAM are keeping
their facilities (second shack or Villa) in countryside or suburban area and
enjoy HAM and gardening in weekend(like myself).
CCC)I have not exact numbers of active JA topbanders but guessing from
number of DX0JP/JA QSO on 160m,around 400-500??or??
Thank you and cu in the pileup
Ken/JJ0MEF
Fx6k-mymr at asahi-net.or.jp