Topband: 27 days rotation

Josep ea6bf at arrl.net
Tue Feb 27 02:45:36 EST 2007

Hi Lee and all,

in fact there is a 27.5 day rotation, (siderean revolution). These days are referred to the moon, and they are the days it travels across its orbit, and these days are the same it completes a turn itself, (so we always see the same face of the moon!). But in fact, there is another 29 day rotation untill the moon is again at the same possition respect to the sun, called "sinodic revolution". Between them, the difference is almost 2 days, because sun is moving from it´s orbit while moon travels acrooss its own, and since I do not think that 160m "science" is so exact, a couple of days before and after this phenomenon occurs, we have to be ready..! I mentioned 28 days because this is very close to that numbers, and one have to be aware around 25 and 30 days...
Thank you for suggestion,

Josep
EA6BF