Topband: 1.810 BCB interference

Steve Flood flood at ixi.net
Wed Jan 3 07:19:13 EST 2007

Throughout the winter so far, I've detected a carrier on 1.810 in the mornings before sunrise.  The past two mornings, I could hear some modulation - some sports talk - but could not pick up the station i.d. other than I think it begins with 15 or 16 - so say somewhere between 1500 and 1690.     At first, I thought it might be our local strong 1290 station beating with the strong 520 MSO airport beacon (INE), but I could definitely hear sports talk instead of 1290's Coast-to-Coast programming.

Any other observations in the northwest?
Steve, KK7UV