Topband: 1810 QRM

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Thu Jan 4 12:25:36 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/4/07 9:22:59 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
n2icarrl at gmail.com writes:

had  decent copy on the 1810 BCB interloper this morning, just before 14Z.
Definitely to the NW, from here in SW New Mexico. Unfortunately, nothing  but
ESPN sports radio and those annoying Tanya Roberts/Las Vegas  commercials.
Just
after 14Z, the signal took a sudden 10 dB dip and never  recovered. Perhaps
changed their antenna pattern and/or power for daytime  operation ?

I heard no intermodulation products, so this looks like a  real spur.

73,
Steve, N2IC/5

I have similar signal here, also disappears at daytime.  Peaking NW from 34
miles east of downtown Phoenix AZ.

73, Bob  K8IA