Topband: remote rx ant/rx link

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Thu Jan 4 22:36:33 EST 2007

>   You may be better off to
> put the reciever at the remote, bring back audio, and control the radio with
> a data link that  could be as slow as 19200. You  can do all that with
> multi-conductor telephone type cable.
> John K9DX

I agree with John and that's what I do with my remote.  Mine is a bit
further away (20 mi) and I use a duplex FM UHF link - control on the
uplink, audio and telemetry on the downlink.  I was also concerned with
data rate on the uplink.  I started with 4800, but eventually dropped
this down to 1200 baud, as I could then use a standard FFSK chip set and
gain a bit more link margin.  I find the 1200 baud rate perfectly adequate.

73, Greg, ZL3IX