Topband: MFJ 1025

Alex extraham at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 8 15:20:53 EST 2007

>The preamp on the 1026 btw is NOT useful for this purpose  as
>it's hard wired to the internal whip on that model.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I use the MFJ-1026 and the pre-amp works well on the external sense antenna. I did remove the internal whip though as it's virtually useless in my situation.

My sense antenna is mainly a 40m full size loop at 20-some feet, but could use any of the other antennas I have of course. The loop seems to do an excellent job in receiving noise from virtually every direction, though.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com