Topband: Beverage height issues

W2pm at aol.com W2pm at aol.com
Thu Jan 11 12:55:28 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/11/2007 9:26:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
w0zv at yahoo.com writes:

I also  experimented with a BOG versus a traditional
Beverage (identical 800'  length and direction).  I
concluded the traditional Beverage was much  better.
Based on comments here I may try the BOG experiment
again but  using much shorter length.

W2PM reply

As I recall studying many posts on the BOG in the past here, it seems very
plausible that BOG performance will be subject to change because of the
sensistivity of changes in  ground humidity with the BOG wires. When  it snows or
rains, or when the varmints walk on the wires, parameters will  change.