Topband: Beverage height issues

Bruce Clark k1fz at verizon.net
Thu Jan 11 13:48:04 EST 2007

Hi Bill,

I too am finding that low Beverages (2-3 ') are working better than typical
higher ones.

I have had problems with Deer, wire collisions. Larry has given me good
information about this.

Problem #2. Last Spring,  snow melting and refreezing had turned to Ice.
This Ice was discolored from a buildup of
various elements. (it was anything but pure)  While the wire was in the ice
I did notice a decrease in signal strength. After chopping the ice, and
sometimes being just able to pull it out, the signal strength returned to my
normal.

Bottom line: Despite some problems, the low Beverage is much better at my
QTH.  QRN that sometimes occurs with solar storms, is much less than other
antennas.

No theory, just results at my QTH.

73
Bruce