Topband: Beverage RX Antenna and the TTLLCCA

Telegrapher9 at aol.com Telegrapher9 at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 10:47:48 EST 2007

Thie Beverage discussion is quite illuminating. It seems then that the
Beverage works well over a wide range of ground types but does not work (as a
Beverage) over very good ground or very poor ground.

Is is a cross between a quasi-TEM t-line and an antenna?

The polarization is 100% vertical on axis and is tilted off axis. Broadside
the polarization is 100% horizontal.

I experimented in NEC with an additional wire running under the Beverage.
With the wire grounded things were not too bad. Connecting the added wire to the
Beverage, as a two wire Beverage, did not work well at all.

If anyone has very good ground or very poor ground and would like a
"Beverage-like" radiation pattern contact me for information on the TTLLCCA.
Mechanically it is similar to a Beverage - same height and length yet is not affected
much by the ground under it. The polarization is predominantly vertical on and
off axis.

    Dave WX7G