Topband: End-Fire Phased BOG,s ?

Bill McNeil n4ji at firstva.com
Tue Jan 30 13:07:42 EST 2007

   Has anyone attempted to use Endfire Phased-Staggered BOG,s to increase the DMF of a single BOG?  Will this work?
I am thinking of constructing one with each BOG at about 80 to 100 meters in length, stagger distance of 20 meters,  and a separation of 5 meters. It would be crossfire phased  (see Fig 7-114 and Table 7-40 in ON4UN  4th Ed Low Band DXing).
   I understand the output would be 10-15dB down from an elevated Bev --- but outside of that -- are there any other problems that I am not seeing ?
  Its quite cold here in Virginia - so its time to work and freeze with a new ant project  :< )
Your input is appreciated

73 Bill   N4JI