Topband: Moon and the Ionosphere : YO3FFF

Roy Morgan roy.morgan at nist.gov
Fri Mar 16 08:07:54 EST 2007

At 08:23 AM 3/16/2007, cris blak wrote:

>I'm not aware of the active beacons on 160m (in the last 10 years I was a
>"2m DX guy" HI). If someone can point me to a WEB page or to send me a
>file with this information, I'll appreciate that.

Cris,

I did a google search for "Beacons for 160M" and found:

http://www.ok1rr.com/view.php?cisloclanku=2006030101
A fellow has (or had) a receiver set up to answer the phone (via SKYPE).
You can listen to his receiver on the phone as you transmit.

An experiment with a 160 M beacon during an eclipse is at:
http://users.belgacom.net/hamradio/experiment.htm

Last September a beacon was set up to run through Feb 2007 (It may still be
on the air, I don't know.)
http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jcraig/bart.text

  Roy

- Roy Morgan, K1LKY since 1959 - Keep 'em Glowing
13033 Downey Mill Road, Lovettsville, VA 20180
Phone 540-822-5911   Cell 301-928-7794
Work: Voice: 301-975-3254,  Fax: 301-975-6097
roy.morgan at nist.gov --