Topband: End off Season??

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon May 14 17:23:17 EDT 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:49:38PM +0200, Bj?rn Mohr wrote:

> >> Why does everybody say that it's the end off season?

This morning - I was laying awake in bed and decided to get up for a
midnight snack and some juice.  Just for grins, I turned on the radio
and found W7LR finishing up with ZL3IX.  I put ZL3IX in the log right
away.

I then fired up the ON4AST chat room - and found Bob and Greg logged in
(and nobody else).  So - I guess in this case - using the radio was more
efficient than logging into the internet.

I am lucky here - the station doesn't have to be rolled up during summer,
at least on 160.  I need to spend some time "stapling" my 80 meter radials
to the ground so I can do the same on 80.

It doesn't appear we have any darkness in common with the SMs - so we
probably won't be working any of them until September.

73 Tree N6TR
Boring, OR